*doesn’t check bank account*
*pretends everything is fine*
‘Fat’ is usually the first insult a girl throws at another girl when she wants to hurt her.
I mean, is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me; but then, you might retort, what do I know about the pressure to be skinny? I’m not in the business of being judged on my looks, what with being a writer and earning my living by using my brain…
I went to the British Book Awards that evening. After the award ceremony I bumped into a woman I hadn’t seen for nearly three years. The first thing she said to me? ‘You’ve lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you!’
‘Well,’ I said, slightly nonplussed, ‘the last time you saw me I’d just had a baby.’
What I felt like saying was, ‘I’ve produced my third child and my sixth novel since I last saw you. Aren’t either of those things more important, more interesting, than my size?’ But no – my waist looked smaller! Forget the kid and the book: finally, something to celebrate!
I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons.
Follow these tips to brighten your morning!
- Stretch. It’s a wonderful way to loosen your joints and increase flexibility. It will also get rid of any knots in your muscles from sleeping! You can try yoga or meditation, too.
- Take a shower. Showers wake you up and will leave you feeling fresh and ready for the day!
- Make your bed. You’ll be less likely to get back in and it will make you feel productive!
- Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, so give your body the calories and nutrients it needs!
- Turn on some music. It’ll leave you feeling happy, relaxed, and ready for the day!
- Wear something cute. You’ll be feeling confident and comfortable all day long! To save time, prepare your outfit the night before.
- Read an inspirational quote. Find one that motivates you!
- Wake up early. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready in the morning. If you’re less rushed, you’ll be in a better mood for the rest of the day.
- Drink a tall glass of water. It’ll get you hydrated and feeling good!
- Make a list of things you want to accomplish. Reward yourself at the end of the day if you complete all of your tasks. A list will help keep you focused and satisfied when you can check everything off!
- boys: if ur slutty enough to send a nude pic then u deserve to have it shared everywhere lmao
- boys: please send me nudes baby you're so beautiful i just wanna see more of you please baby i thought you loved me
I’ve just cried laughing at the comments on a Jamie Oliver recipe, there was a typo on the website and everyone put 13 lemons into a pasta sauce and didn’t even question it. Imagine eating 13 lemons, the recipe was for 4 people, imagine having that much trust in Jamie Oliver.
You need to learn to let go of whatever it is that makes you think you’re not good enough. Because that’s how you’re going to beat this. When you learn that you matter.